Saturday, September 11, 2010

Anchor Nail Art

There's a first time for everything I guess...I actually had to edit one of my photos for this blog. Normally my camera does a great job of capturing what the colours actually look like so all I have to do is crop my photos. I took the photos yesterday right before the sun set, so that's probably why the came out looking off. I took more just now in proper sunlight and they all came out accurate. The last picture in this post is edited, the rest are just cropped.

 I have been in the mood to do freehand nail art lately but I have been lacking ideas. All of a sudden I thought I would do a nautical anchor design. The base colour is China Glaze Frostbite, a glowing electric blue. Then I used LA Colors Art Deco to paint stripes on all my nails except the ring finger. I put a few drops of white polish on a piece of paper and used a small artist detail brush to draw the anchor.




My edited picture shows how this colour looks in shade or indoors. My other pictures are in bright sunlight. I never take pictures indoors because the lighting in my house is horrible. We have dark walls and not enough windows. I hope to do more freehand designs like this, I find them really fun and more rewarding. Duplicating this design on my right hand was not fun though!

On another note, a few days ago I checked my blog email and someone emailed me asking to check out their giveaway. She is giving away several prize packages and for each package there are different ways to enter.  I love watching beauty videos on youtube to get nail inspiration. Here is a link to her channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/LovelysInstinct . Her contest is running until October 19th so you have plenty of time to enter. While we're on the subject of youtube, one of my favourite nail art channels is LOVE4NAILS. She does step by step nail art tutorials every week and she makes everything look so easy. I get a lot of ideas and inspiration from her. If you're interested in learning how to have strong, healthy, long nails she has several videos on that.

Do you watch nail related videos on youtube?
Who do you watch?

Thanks for reading!
Peace and Love,
Serena

6 comments:

  1. Love it! I like cutepolish from youtube :)
    Your nails are always adorable, you should do youtube tutorials! I'd be first to subscribe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great manicure kiddo. Really inventive.
    YA make some videos. I would subscribe. I watch videos all the time on you tube about nails. :)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty. The colour combination is lovely too, reminds me of the Greek flag :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great design!

    What camera do you have, if you don't mind sharing? Mine has a lot of trouble with certain colors.

    As for nail videos, I haven't watched any, at least not yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blue is one of my favourite colors.I really like this nail design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment! =) If you need a specific question answered email me at lacquerlove@gmail.com.

Also, please do not post your links in the comments section. I always make sure to visit the blogs of whoever comments and I will most likely follow you if you have a beauty or nail polish blog. Thank you!